Community Action Plan
The Community Council developed the action plan to address issues and developments identified by residents. The community plan was produced following consultation events with residents and is reviewed regularly, and the latest review started in March 2021. The Action Plan is available on the PSE Community Council / Policies section of this website, or click on the link below:
Community Action Plan 2018-21
The main issues identified in the plan are:
- Reduction of Speed throughout Peterston to 20mph
- Improved parking
- Improve access to all on playing field
- Increase the amount of affordable housing in the village.
- Improve pavements, footpaths, access and signage
- Improve flood prevention
A full consultation to update the Action Plan will be held once Covid restrictions are relaxed and we are able to hold meetings. In the meantime it would be great to hear from you whether these issues are still priorities.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
PSE CC is looking for help with the action plan activities listed below - from the
villagers but also those who regularly visit the village.
Road safety –Are you concerned about road safety in
the village? If so would you be willing to help the Council with this project?
One part of the project is setting up media messages in regard to this – the Council are especially keen to have
young people involved in these – do you know someone who can help?
Or you could join the village Speedwatch group.
• Report It Campaign –Every week Community Councillors hear about near misses, road rage, dangerous driving and parking. The Police have asked us to ensure that people report any such instances to their 101 number. Please make a note of the registration number if applicable to provide to the police.
• Passing Horse Riders safely –The Council are working with a group of local horse riders in order to start an education campaign on how drivers, cyclists and pedestrians should pass horses safely- Look out for the campaign material and please make sure you know what to do.
If you can help in any way or want any more information on any of these matters, please contact the Council Clerk on email@example.com